Export to AutoCAD
Any drawing created in 2020 Giza can be exported out as an AutoCAD .DWG or .DXF file. This is also the process used to create a drawing compatible with the 2020 Cap software.
- Open the 2020 Giza drawing that you wish to export to AutoCAD.
- Go to the File menu and choose Import/Export/Styles...
- In the Import/Export/Styles dialog (Pictured Below) select the radio button labeled AutoCAD Drawings.
- Then click Save to Any Folder.
- You will then be presented with the Export AutoCAD file dialog to save the file. Choose a save location, give the file a name, and click Save.
DWG Save Options
When you save your DWG you will be presented with the DWG Save Options Dialog (Pictured Below). Make any required settings adjustments and click Save. The DWG file will then be created.
Tip: For the Elements choice, 2D only will export only the 2D symbols, which is what you see in the 2020 Giza 2D or plan window. This is the recommended setting if sending to a 2020 Cap user or an architect who may just need the floor plan. This will give you the smallest file size. The 3D only option will export only the 3D graphics, which is what you see in the 2020 Giza 3D view window. The All option includes both the 2D and 3D symbols stacked on top of each other in the same DWG file. This can result in a large file size and a cluttered view when opened in AutoCAD. If 3D items are required, it may be better to create two separate DWG files. One that contains only the 2D symbols and a separate file containing the 3D symbols. The AutoCAD user could then easily combine them as needed.