How to show stairs going into a lower level
2020 Design V11
Watch the video to see the step by step.
1. Make the floor transparent glass or invisible using the textures setting available in the Rendering Dashboard
2. Place a stairway or staircase below floor level so that you can see it through the transparent floor.
3. Apply the following changes under the Attributes of the Staircase
- Up-down position: -84
- Depth: 96 7/8.
4. Add a floor material to everything but where the stairs should be seen using the Surface tool under the ITEMS tab.
5. Create a second surface and place it at the bottom of the stairs to replicate your floor at the other end.
(NOTE: If you to see the walls going down, you will need to create additional surfaces from the elevation in order to
replicate the passage down the stairs.)
6. You can download the sample file of this article here