The Drawing Layout tool provides a complete set of drawing tools for creating presentation documents and specifications with the exact drawings and information that you need to close a sale.
Drawing layouts can contain the following components (you can click on each to get details):
To access the Drawing Layout view, click Drawing Layout in the PRESENTATION ribbon, or click the Show Drawing Layout button in the Quick Access toolbar.
Note: If no printer is connected to your computer, the Show Drawing Layout button will not be available since the Drawing Layout is displayed in print layout.
In the Load Drawing Layout Template dialog box, select the frame layout and click OK.
And you can Add and Edit image frames in Drawing Layout.
To insert an Item List, Floor Plan view, Elevation view, Side Elevation view, named view, saved item view, saved image/graphic, and any text or image copied to the Clipboard in the selected frame, point to the frame, right click, and select the option from the Image Frame: Empty menu.
To close a Drawing Layout, click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the Drawing Layout window.
To return to the Floor Plan or Item List without closing the Drawing Layout window, click either the Show Design or Show Item List buttons in the Quick Access toolbar.
To delete a layout, complete the following steps:
1. At the bottom of the Drawing Layout window, select the tab for the layout to be deleted.
2. Point away from any frame, right click, and select Delete Current Tab.
To print a Drawing Layout, complete the following steps:
1. Make sure the active window is the Drawing Layout.
2. If necessary, change the defaults for the paper size, source and orientation, the title block position, and/or the margins using Page Setup.
3. In the FILE menu, point to Print and select Print in the right column. The Print - Drawing Layout dialog box opens.
Tip: To Use a different printer, In the Print Area pane, clear the Keep selected printer for each view checkbox.